As a valued customer of Mark Hancox T/A White Horse Boiler Services, I want to be open with you about how I handle any personal information I collect from you and how I use it. I am committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and will only use your personal information to provide the services and products you have requested from me.
Here I set out how any personal data I collect from you, or you provide to me, will be handled.
What information do I collect from you?
I obtain personal information from you when you contact me, such as the following:
- Name and address
- Contact information, including telephone numbers, and email addresses
- Details about your boiler and heating system such as type of property, boiler make/model/location, stopcock position, gas meter location and any other information that may be useful to me
- Company information - for business customers only
Note - I can now accept payment via secure remote card payment machines but no debit/credit card information is recorded or stored.
If any third party information is shared with me, such as tenant\landlord contact details, I assume that permission has been obtained by the person passing on this information to me.
Why do I collect this information?
If you call upon my services, whether for a quotation or for a job to be carried out, I will store information on my Field Services Management Database and Accounting Software Package. Both are password protected and I assume that I have your consent to do so. I will use the information to:
- Provide the services and works you have requested
- Obtain and deliver services/materials/components in order to undertake and complete works (I may need to share your details with contractors or suppliers)
- Provide me with a history of works completed at your property, which may assist in any further works you request from me
- Provide details to various governing bodies for certain appliance/installation registration purposes
- Accountancy purposes
- Contact you on the anniversary of your boiler service to see if you wish to arrange a service appointment
- From time to time, I might also contact you with details of relevant offers or services
If you do not want me to contact you, or you wish me to view or change any details I have, please call me or send me an email.
If you would, at any time, like me to remove your details from our database, please send me an email or drop me a line. I will then delete all contact details from our database system. I must, however, keep certain types of data for tax reasons, so these will remain on record.
I assume that if I carry out work for you I have your consent to use images of your boiler and heating system, and our work within your property. Images will be used to help ensure the correct replacement parts are ordered, to record compliance / non-compliance with safety regulations and maybe shared on social media. Every care will be taken not to include any reference to you, or your address and belongings in the photo.
I will not use images for marketing purposes without your express consent.
If you send in a CV for a job vacancy I will assume that I have your consent to store your data, even if you are unsuccessful so I may contact you if a similar role becomes available in the future.
As an individual you have strengthened rights under the new General Data Protection Regulations including the right to rectify any incorrect information I hold, access the information or withdraw the information I hold about you. If you would like any additional information, please contact me and I will be happy to assist.